If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Combining the flavors of traditional Dim Sum with a back yard barbecue. This idea started when I ran out of won-ton wrappers and had loads of filling left after making siu mai one weekend. —The Gaussian Kitchen
Makes 4, 1/2lb patties
- 1 pound Ground Lean Pork
- 1 pound Shrimp, Shelled & Deveined
- 4 Green Onions, Diced
- 6 Water Chestnuts, Minced
- 4 tablespoons Fresh Ginger, Grated (Fresh ginger can sometimes be very strong. Taste your ginger first, and adjust accordingly.)
- 4 tablespoons Light Soy Sauce
- 4 tablespoons Rice Wine Vinegar
- 6 teaspoons Corn Starch
- 4 teaspoons Sesame Oil
- 4 pinches Salt
- 4 pinches Cracked Black Pepper
- 4 Buns/Brioche/8 slices of whole grain bread
- 4 Leaves Kale
- 4 pinches Bean Sprouts
- 1 bunch Cilantro
- Mayonnaise or Aioli
- Roughly dice the shrimp
- Place all ingredients except bread, kale, bean sprouts, cilantro, mayo, and sriracha in a large bowl and combine well. Let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Mold mixture into 4 burger patties.
- Grill or pan sear over medium heat until cooked through.
- Butter and toast the buns/bread.
- Spread mayonnaise and a bit of sriracha on the toasted buns, place a leaf of kale on the bottom bun, top with a patty, bean sprouts, and cilantro. Plate and Serve.