If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: For all the gluten free foodies out there, black bean pasta is a true life savior. As you know from my social media, I am a big fan of bean pasta, from red lentil maccheroni, to chickpea fusilli and black bean spaghetti… And today’s post is all about showing you a quick tip on how to make the perfect sauce for a Black Bean Pasta Salad!
In this fun video, I show you all the different kinds of artisanal bean pasta that I was able to find while walking around the streets of my city, Cremona!In the last few months in fact, grain free pasta has become a big trend in the Italian organic stores and lots of small, artisanal labs are now packaging their own handmade chickpea tagliatelle and black eyed pea bow ties. Click the link to check out my other delicious recipe for Red Lentil and Green Pea Pasta Tricolore.When you think about black beans, what is the first thing that comes to mind?
To me it’s for sure guacamole! I immediately start dreaming about those warm black bean bowls loaded with avocado that I like to enjoy at the numerous Mexican food spots whenever I am in California.
Why would black bean spaghetti be any different? This amazing kind of grain free pasta in fact is made with only dried black beans and water!
Whenever I cook it, I am amazed by the great consistency of this grain free spaghetti! It’s incredibly al dente every time, just like we Italians like it!
And right because it maintains its texture so well, it makes for the perfect ingredient to create an amazing Black Bean Pasta Salad!
In fact, whether you want to eat this dish warm, right after you cooked it, or you want to enjoy it cold during a picnic outside, this recipe fits any occasions.This recipe is so easy and quick to make that I always keep it as a secret weapon whenever I only have a little time to fix a meal.
I hope you guys liked my Black Bean Pasta Salad and that you enjoyed my video.
What legume pasta would you like to try? Are there other kinds of grain free pasta that you would like to see?
Leave a comment below and let me have your feedback!
Ambra —Ambra Torelli
For the Pasta and For the Sauce
- 150 grams Black Bean Spaghett
- 1 piece Avocado
- 1 splash Himalayan Salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon fresh Lime or Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup Red Onion, minced
- 1 sprig fresh Cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 dash Black Pepper
- 1/4 cup ripe Tomato, chopped1
- 1/2 tablespoon Chili Flakes
- 8 pieces Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- Boil pasta in salted water for about 6 to 8 minutes.
- In the meantime prepare the guacamole
- Peel and mash the avocado in a bowl. Add in all the herbs and spices and mix well.
- Finely chop the onion, remove the seeds and pulp from the tomato, chop it and add them both in the avocado bowl
- Strain the pasta, place it in a bowl and top it with dollops of guacamole
- Lastly, garnish your dish with halved cherry tomatoes and a touch of olive oil! Enjoy!