If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is an adaptation of recipe from a Greek Chef, Lefteris Lazarou. —elena antoniou
- 4 pieces of fresh sea bass fillet. approximately 200 grams each
- 100 milliliters olive oil.
- i large chopped onion.
- 1 liter of fish broth.
- 300 grams chopped fresh fennel.
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric.
- 30 milliliters fresh lemon juice.
- salt and pepper.
- some fennel leaves for garnish.
- 40 ml ouzo
- Pour 70 ml of the olive in a pan and when hot add saute the onion until soft.
- Add the fish broth and when hot add the fennel, turmeric, lemon juice. Boil for half an hour.
- Pour the vegetable in blender and blend until it looks like cream. Pass through a fine sieve. Add the salt, pepper and ouzo.
- Wash and dry the fish fillets and sprinkle salt and pepper on them. In frying pan pour the rest of the olive oil and when hot add the fillets skin down first. Turn and when cooked, place on a draining paper.
- Serve with the fish placed on top of sauce. Garnish with some fresh fennel.