If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Who doesn't love a good brownie? Well these are an exceptionally good brownie. Totally gooey centred but if you don't love the real gooey centre, just bake for *5-8 minutes longer.
Who doesn't love a good brownie? Well these are an exceptionally good brownie. Totally gooey centred but if you don't love the real gooey centre, just bake for *5-8 minutes longer.—Jo Wheatley
Makes: 9 pieces
grams dark chocolate (minimum 50% cocoa solids), chopped
grams milk chocolate, chopped
grams unsalted butter, diced
grams caster sugar
tablespoon vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
large eggs, beaten
grams plain flour
grams self-raising flour
grams cocoa powder
tablespoons heaped Tbsp Cadburys chocolate spread
- You will also need a 20cm (8 inch) square baking tin, greased and lined with baking parchment
- Preheat the oven to 170ºC/325ºF/gas mark 3.
- Combine the dark and 25g of milk chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Add the butter and melt together carefully in a microwave in 20 second bursts or over a pan of simmering water. Stir until smooth and combined and leave to cool slightly.
- Add the sugar, vanilla and beaten eggs to the melted chocolate and butter and mix to combine.
- Sift both of the flours and cocoa powder into the bowl and mix until smooth. spoon into the prepared tin. Spread level with a palette knife and bake on the middle shelf of the preheated oven for *25 minutes. *For a clean cut wipe the knife with a damp cloth between cuts
- Leave to cool in the tin, heat the chocolate spread slightly in the microwave. Spread in an even layer over the cooled brownies, sprinkle with the sprinkles then cut into squares, chill in the fridge for at least an hour then devour.