If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
The trick with raw beet is to slice or grate it finely so it doesn’t taste too earthy.
The trick with raw beet is to slice or grate it finely so it doesn’t taste too earthy.—Candy Hutzell
medium beets, peeled
fennel bulb, trimmed
ounces goat cheese
tablespoons boutique extra virgin olive oil
tablespoons balsamic glaze
- Shave beets and fennel into the thinnest possible slices using a mandolin or vegetable peeler.
- Divide between 6 serving plates.
- Sprinkle each plate with a few walnuts and a little crumbled goat cheese, then drizzle a little olive oil and a little balsamic glaze around each plate.
- Season to taste with salt and ground black pepper and serve immediately.
- This recipe is from Annabel’s TV series Annabel Langbein The Free Range Cook: Simple Pleasures, screening now on PBS. The accompanying book, containing all the recipes from the series, is available on amazon.com http://amzn.to/1GxXv0v To preview the series go to http://bit.ly/1iKu2FW and for a PBS screening schedule go to http://bit.ly/1JDaUQD