If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 apples (I used Fuji apples, 2 small and 2 medium)
- 1 lemon for water
- 2 cups sunflower oil
- Powder sugar and honey for serving
- In a bowl, beat eggs, milk and sugar. Combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt, mix into the eggs-milk mixture until smooth, let sit for about ten minutes in the fridge.
- Meanwhile peel and core apples, cut them into 1/3-1/2 inch thick rings, and place in the water with lemon juice.
- Heat the oil in a heavy saucepan or electric skillet to 350 degrees F.
- Remove apple rings from lemon water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Dip each apple ring into batter and fry for 3 to 4 minutes, flipping and frying for an additional 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove apples from oil and drain on paper towels.
- Serve stacked into the apple shape and sprinkle with the powdered sugar and drizzle with honey.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Jewish-Inspired Recipe