Author Notes: This recipe was created on a whim. I was tired of having grilled chicken, so I decided to take fresh basil from the garden and pair it with fresh mozzarella and pine nuts. These ingredients wrapped in chicken will melt together beautifully and the flavors are truly mouth watering. —Cyclist_nat
Boneless skinless chicken breast-(6oz. each)
cup Balsamic Vinegar
cup Olive Oil
cup Shredded fresh mozzarella cheese
Large fresh basil leaves
tablespoons pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Pound chicken breasts flat on a cutting board with a mallet. (Or place 1 chicken breast in a gallon bag and pound with a rolling pin—repeat with the remaining chicken.) Chicken should be about 1/2in. thick.
- Place all chicken in an 8x8in. glass baking dish and sprinkle generously with 3 tsp. pepper and 2 tsp. salt…coating both sides of chicken…then drizzle with olive oil and vinegar. Take hands and rub the vinegar and oil all over chicken until well coated.
- Lay one piece of chicken flat in the dish and place 3 basil leaves in a row on chicken and sprinkle with 2 tbsp. pine nuts…then place ¼ cup mozzarella cheese on top. Start at the top of the chicken and roll up...making sure all ingredients are wrapped inside…then pierce with a spear to hold chicken in place. Repeat with the remaining chicken. Excess vinegar and oil in the bottom of the dish is fine.
- Sprinkle 1 tsp. salt and 1 tsp. pepper on top of chicken before placing in oven.
- Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 30minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Mozzarella