If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 1 large pomelo or 2 grapefruit
- 3 Jafa oranges
- 4 mandarins or similar fruit
- Pealed raw Pistachio nuts. Optional
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Water
- Juice of a lemon
- tablespoons orange peel cut in srips.
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 cloves
- 1 aniseed
- 3 cardamoms
- Peel the fruit, taking off as much as possible the membranes. Be careful not to squash the fruit so you have nice bight size pieces. Cut the grapefruit segments in 4, orange in 3 and mandarins leave the mandarins whole.
- To make the syrup, put everything in a pan, and stir until the sugar has melted. Lower heat and cook for approximately 10 minutes. It should not be a thick syrup, but rather watery. Let the syrup stand for 2-3 hours, or better, the day before.
- Remove the spices from the syrup, except the orange strips and pour over the citrus. Add the nuts and refrigerate.