If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
7-inch whole wheat tortillas
ounces jar of roasted, red peppers, drained and coarsely chopped
large onion, coarsely chopped
tablespoon olive oil
cup grated fresh mozzarella
Fresh basil, optional
- Toast tortillas directly on stove's burners (electric or gas) over low heat, turning them once with tongs, until puffed slightly and browned in spots. Let rest on rack.
- Saute onion in olive oil until soft, add in red peppers, then season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Arrange tortillas on large baking sheet and top each with a quarter of the onion-pepper mixture, leaving a narrow border around each pizza. Top with cheese.
- Bake until cheese is melted and edges of tortillas are browned, about 5 minutes.
- Top with fresh basil if desired and serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Mozzarella