If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The best, pull apart, melt in your mouth brisket. The brisket your mom used to make with a barbecue twist. —Shellaboo
Serves 6-8 people
- 1/2 cup Vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup Red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup Barbecue sauce (I use KC Masterpiece)
- With a fork, poke holes all around a 2-3 lb brisket (preferably second cut).
- Marinate the brisket overnight in the BBQ ,vinegar and oil mixture.
Spice Rub and Remaining Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon Beef flavor soup mix
- 1 tablespoon Garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Onion powder
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons Chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 3 Cloves of garlic
- 1 cup Barbecue sauce
- 20 oz. bottle of coke
- The next day-- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Combine the soup mix, salt, garlic, onion and chili powders.
- Remove the brisket from the liquid and pat down with the spice rub.
- In a large cast iron pan, sear the brisket on all sides (about 1-2 minutes each) in a tablespoon of olive oil. As you sear the brisket add in the whole garlic cloves and basted the brisket with the juices in the pan.
- After the brisket is seared, pour in the coke and cover the top of the brisket in the BBQ sauce.
- Cover the pan with foil and cook in oven for 6-8 hours.
- Pull apart with two forks and serve as a main or on slider buns as an appetizer.