If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love the way rosewater smells. While the granola bakes it fills your kitchen. This granola has a wonderful mix of flavors that are soft and spring-like with the scents of orange and rose. —Oat&Sesame
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/3 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup unsulphured apricots, chopped into small pieces (I used Organic Turkish Apricots)
- 1 tablespoon flax seed, ground (yields about 1.5 Tb ground flax) + 3 Tbs water
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup brown rice syrup (or honey)
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 orange, zested or julienned & diced into tiny pieces (about 1.5 Tb)
- 1 tablespoon rosewater
- Combine ground flax seed and water in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat oven to 225F convention bake or 250F standard bake.
- In a large bowl, add the dry ingredients: oats, coconut, nuts and apricots. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine the coconut oil, brown rice syrup, brown sugar, salt and orange zest. Heat on medium-low and mix until the oil and sugars are throughly mixed. Remove from heat and whisk in the flaxseed mixture and rosewater.
- Mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients and spread on a parchment lined rimmed baking sheet.
- Press ingredients into an rectangle about ½" thickness.
- Bake for 1 hour. Turn off heat and let cool in oven.
- Break into pieces and store in an airtight container.