Author Notes: You can vary this anyway you want adding anything from meats to veggies depending on what's fresh and in the fridge. It's easy & healthy —smidkiff0907
Makes: 1 sandwich
Loaf of Artisan or Chibata Bread
Mozzarella Ball (2 if they are small)
Fresh Roasted Garlic Cloves
Salt & Pepper
Fresh Basil Leaves
In This Recipe
- Cut the bread into sandwich size pieces about 2-3" long, then slice them in half so you have a top and bottom
- Wash & Slice your tomato
- Slice the Mozzarella
- Spread 2-3 of the roasted garlic cloves on one side of the bread
- Spread Pesto on the other side of the bread
- On the bottom slice of the bread, layer 2-3 slices of tomato on the bread and sprinkle with salt & pepper lightly.
- place some fresh basil leaves on top of the tomato
- layer the mozzarella cheese on top of the basil & tomato
- add more basil if you like
- Put the top layer of bread on the sandwich
- Preheat a Panini Maker to the medium setting
- Once ready carefully place the sandwich on the panini maker and close the lid
- Cook the sandwich until the cheese starts to melt or the bread is done to you liking.
- Remove the sandwich from the maker, slice and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Mozzarella