If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A lighter alternative to the traditional creamy version. This exquisite spring soup made with simple & nutritious ingredients cooks in less than 30 minutes. A guaranteed crowd pleaser! —Megan Olson
- 4 cod fillets about 1 1/2 pounds, thawed
- 3 cups yams, peeled & cubed
- 1 cup white onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons thyme
- To a large pot add extra virgin olive oil and bring to a medium heat. Add onion, celery, garlic, tomato paste and cook until vegetables soften about 3-5 minutes.
- Next add water, broth, tomatoes and potatoes. Bring to a boil then reduce to low heat to simmer until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir cod with salt, pepper and thyme into the pot and cook another 4-5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and enjoy!