My Black and White panini is a comfort-food recipe with salty, spicy, sweet, cheesy flavors. And it looks oh so elegant - for a grilled cheese sandwich anyways. I'd gladly stroll through a black tie event with this two-tone panini dream in-hand. No caviar on toast for me thanks. Try my b&w creation... —kathynyc
homemade olive tapenade
shredded mozzarella cheese
fresh black pepper
1 1/2 cups
In This Recipe
1. Gather your ingredients. Prepare olive tapenade by combining all ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
2. Spread olive tapenade onto one side your sliced bread.
3. Spread horseradish onto other slice of bread. Use enough of each spread so that the entire surface is lightly coated. Use more horseradish for more spiciness.
4. Drizzle 1 tsp of balsamic vinegar on top of the olive tapenade. Grind some pepper over top. Smear vinegar into spread with a butter knife or spoon.
5. Place 'black' slice onto panini press or grill. Top with cheese. Place 'white' horseradish slice of bread on top of the cheese. Optional: Rub outer sides of bread with a bit of EVOO.
6. Grill until cheese melts and sides of bread are a deep brown grill-marked color. Cool. Slice. Serve.