Author Notes: A variation on the old standard dessert - Peaches Melba. This recipe - my own made-up - uses mozzarella.I like it as a fruite/cheese course instead of dessert on hot days but its also great side salad.Great picnic salad - travels well. —Bon Chocolat
- 7 ounces fresh mozzarella
- 4 peaches
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 1/4 cup virgin olive oil
- 2 sprigs fresh mint
- 1 cup dry white wine - try sauvignon blanc
- 1 bunch field greens
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- combine wine, cup water, lemon juice and sugar in a saucepan.Bring to slow simmer.
- split peaches in half, add to saucepan.Simmer until soft but will hold shape, about 6 minutes. Keep close eye so it doesn't scorch.
- remove peaches with a slotted spoon and allow to cool
- meanwhile, rinse and sort raspberries. when peaches are removed from sauce pan, add 2/3 c berries. Cook barely 4 minutes so juices burst - stir well.
- Allow berry syrup to cool slightly then process. Strain seeds if you wish.
- Mix olive oil, salt, one sprig of mint, finely chopped, vinegar and 1/2 of syrup.
- Lay field greens on plates. Arrange mozzarella and peachs. Drizzle with dressing freely. Use remaining berries and mint sprig to add color and texture to each plate. Serve with a soft prosceco.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Mozzarella