Author Notes: unlike traditional pizza, this one is GRILLED! Super easy, super healthy, and super delicious. And always custom made!! My favorite that i am entering is my version of chicken caprese. —LadyJ802
Serves: 2 pizzas
pkg. frozen organic pizza dough - THAWED (24 hours in fridge will do)
jar organic pizza sauce
can organic diced tomatoes-garlic and basil
ounces fresh mozzerella
bunch fresh basil
chichicken breast - grilled and cubed
- prepare sauce - in small pot combine pizza sauce and diced tomatoes - mash large tomato chunks with fork- add oregano- heat until warm (simmer)
- prepare chicken: Grill chicken breast, then cut or shred into small pieces about 1/2 inch chunks (or used pre cooked chicken - just heat and chop into pieces)
- prepare toppings: While chicken is grilling chop basil into strips (julienne) it's easy to this if you layer all leaves then roll them like a cigar then cut with knife - set aside on a plate --- cut roma tomatoes - i like mine diced for easy eating - some like sliced for presentation - set aside on plate --- cut mozzerella into small chunks - set aside on plate
- prepare the dough: ona flat table ot large cutting board sprinkle organic flour so dough doesn't stick - flour your hands as well- slightly sprinkle two pizza pans with flour too- take dough out of package and cut directly in half - reform each half back ito a perfect ball for a round pizza - otherwise you will have a naturally odd shaped pizza which is also fun and just as delicious.
- make a crust: you can either rol it out or toss it out - whichever you prefer, however remember dough tends to have a memory and will try to shrink - just be patient eventually it will become as large as you want depending on how thick you like your crust
- place your crust on FLOURED pizza pans.
- Heat grill to about 300 degrees
- lightly brush the top of your crust with organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil OR Spray EVOO.
- put on grill: pick up dough and place OIL SIDE DOWN on grill - OR if you are confident you can smooth and quickly flip the pan onto the grill then pick up pan -- let the dough cook until it starts to create air pockets
- when the dough is stiff and will slide a little bit when youpush with spatula it is ready to flip- before you flip brush or spray dough with EVOO - i recommend sliding the crust back onto the pan then flipping
- FUN TIME!! ADD TOPPINGS! : for Chicken Caprese:add sauce, then basil, then 2 oz mozzerella - then chicken, then tomatoes then 2 more oz mozzerella - and a little dash of dried oregano - let the pizzas grill about 5-8 minutes with the top open - check underside to make sure it doesn't burn - close grill and cook for 3 minutes then turn off burners and let the pizza sit for about 5 minutes -- the toppings should be nice and melty
- slide off grill, cut, and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Mozzarella