Author Notes: Made with four ingredients and sweetened with dates, these simple no bake bars are a vegan & gluten free healthy snack bar everyone loves! —Megan Olson
cups dates, pitted
cups unsalted peanuts
cup chocolate chips
In This Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place peanuts on a baking sheet and roast 8 minutes until fragrant.
- Meanwhile soak dates 10 minutes in warm water while peanuts are roasting and line an 8x8 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, add dates, peanuts and salt. Pulse several times to break up the ingredients.
- Add 1/4 of the chocolate chips to the mixture then process until a clumpy mixture forms.
- Transfer the mixture to the pan and press the mixture firmly into the pan filling all corners of the pan.
- Melt the remaining 3/4 of cup of chocolate chips in a glass bowl over boiling water. Pour melted chocolate over the bars and use a baking spatula to spread it into an even layer over the bars.
- Cover the bars and refrigerate 1-2 hours to set. Remove, cut into 15 bars and devour!