Author Notes: I was inspired by ideas from realage.com to ramp up nutrition, anti-oxidants, and flavor by making these simple additions to regular burgers. I made enough for the adults, thinking the kids would prefer plain burgers, but gave them a taste and they loved it as well! Will be making enough to go around next time! —[email protected]
pound lean ground beef or ground sirloin
pound chopped cherries
sprig fresh or dry rosemary
- Remove seeds and stems from cherries and chop finely, manually or in food processor.
- Add dry or fresh rosemary (salt and pepper if desired, but not necessary.)
- Mix ground beef in with chopped cherries and rosemary (add more or less cherries so that beef sticks together) and form desired patty size for grilling.
- Garnish with whole cherries, whole grain buns, freshly sliced tomatoes and onions, and/or other desired condiments, and enjoy!!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Cherries