Author Notes: I've been making this for years. It's one of our favorite recipes. —compsandcroissants
pounds pork tenderloin
pieces star anise pods
cups tawny port
pound pitted cherries
tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper
tablespoons heavy cream
In This Recipe
- 1. Heat the olive oil in a large saute pan on medium high heat until hot. Blot tenderloin with paper towel to remove surface moisture. Rub salt and pepper onto tenderloin.
- 2. Sear the pork tenderloin on all sides. Remove tenderloin to a plate.
- 3. Put port, star anise, and cherries into saute pan and bring to a simmer, scraping up any brown bits in saute pan left from searing pork.
- 4. Nestle tenderloin in sauce, add juices on plate to sauce, and simmer until sauce is reduced by half and pork is cooked through, turning pork occasionally and basting with sauce.
- Remove saute pan from heat. Remove pork. Remove star anise pods. Stir in heavy cream.
- Slice pork and arrange on platter. Spoon sauce over top. Serve warm.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Cherries