Author Notes: Typically made with Door County cherries, this simple recipe mellows for about three months or until the cherries "bounce," making it ideal to serve over the holidays. While the liqueur is delicious on its own, the cherries are even better over ice cream! —Nori
Makes: 2 quarts
quart Door County (sour) cherries
quart liquor of your choice - rum, vodka, etc.
- Rinse and drain cherries. Remove stems but do not remove cherry pits. Divide into two clean quart jars.
- Divide sugar and liquor into jars with cherries.
- Place lids on jars and tighten gently but these do not need to be sealed. Put jars in dark place and ignore until Thanksgiving or so.
- Cherry Bounce is a beautiful red color and ready to drink when the cherries 'bounce.'
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Cherries