Author Notes: This lovely chewy, intensel coconut flavored dessert always pleases. —nykavi
pounds Frozen Grated Cassava
cans Coconut Milk
can Cream of Coconut
tablespoons melted Butter
pinches Of Kosher Salt
ounces jar Macapunto or Coconut Sport
In This Recipe
- Defrost cassava. Scrape into a large mixing bowl
- Heat oven to 300F.
- Add coconut milk, cream of coconut, melted butter, eggs, sugar and salt to cassava. Mix gently till batter is smooth and creamy.
- Pour batter into a 13x8 inch ovenproof dish.
- Bake for 1 1/2 to 2 hours till the mix has set. The center should be jelly like when shaken. The sides should be slightly tinged brown.
- Remove from oven and cool on a rack for 5 minutes.
- Empty the contents of the jar over bibinca. Use a spatula to spread coconut strands all over.
- Enjoy bibinca warm or at room temperature. DO NOT REFRIGERATE.