Author Notes: Butter Pound Cake —Oh Sweet Day!
Makes: one loaf
cups all purpose flour
teaspoons baking pwoder
cup unsalted butter, softened
cup granulated sugar
large eggs, room temp
teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a loaf pan and line the pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar together on medium speed in a bowl of a standing mixer until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Then follow with vanilla. The batter may look curdled, but it will come together after dry ingredients are added.
- Add the flour mixture and mix until just incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until the cake is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool for about 10 minutes. Remove the cake from the pan and cool completely. Serve warm or at room temperature.