If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Butter Pound Cake —Oh Sweet Day!
Makes: one loaf
cups all purpose flour
teaspoons baking pwoder
cup unsalted butter, softened
cup granulated sugar
large eggs, room temp
teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a loaf pan and line the pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar together on medium speed in a bowl of a standing mixer until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Then follow with vanilla. The batter may look curdled, but it will come together after dry ingredients are added.
- Add the flour mixture and mix until just incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until the cake is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool for about 10 minutes. Remove the cake from the pan and cool completely. Serve warm or at room temperature.