If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 1 short grain rice
- 1/4 rice wine vinegar
- 2 sugar
- 1 salt
- To prepare the sushi rice, rinse the rice 5-6 times with a colander. Spread out the rice on a tray and dry for 20 minutes. Combine the rice with 1 cup of cold water in a pot and bring to a boil. Cover the pot and cook the rice over low heat for 10 minutes (if using a rice cooker, cook the rice according to the appliance's instructions). While the rice cooks, combine the vinegar, sugar, and salt in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly for 2-3 minutes, or until the sugar and salt have dissolved. Move the rice to a large bowl and sprinkle ¼ cup of the vinegar mixture over it. Use a spatula to gently mix the rice. Cover the rice with a cold, damp towel and allow to cool completely.
- 2 pounds sushi-grade tuna
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 sheet nori, toasted and ground
- 2 scallions, chopped
- chili oil, to taste
- For the poke, dice the salmon into 1-inch cubes and place in a bowl. In another bowl, mix together soy sauce, sesame oil, sesame seeds, sugar, red pepper flakes and ginger. Pour the soy sauce mix over the salmon. Sprinkle with nori, scallions and chili oil. Serve over sushi rice.