If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Makes: about 80
pounds all purpose flour
pounds about 1 & 1/3 sticks unsalted butter
egg yolks + 2 additional
teaspoon vanilla extract
teaspoon baking powder
teaspoon baking soda
tablespoon lemon juice
- Mix the flour with baking powder. Dissolve baking soda in the lemon juice.
- In a mixer’s bowl add the sugar and butter and mix for about 10-15 minutes, until the butter is creamy and fluffy.
- Add the egg yolks, one at a time, whilst mixing. Pour in milk and mix to combine.
- Add the flour, little by little, whilst mixing. Pour in baking soda and continue mix for a while then pour vanilla extract.
- Continue mixing until the ingredients are combined and they become a homogeneous soft dough not too sticky. Alternatively, knead with hands.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and let it rest in the refrigerator for 1 hour. Preheat the oven at 380°F or 200°C.
- Take a small portion of dough and roll out to form cords about 5.5 inches or 14 cm. long and 3/8 inch or 1 cm thick, then fold over in half and twist.
- Place them on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper, leaving some distance between them.
- Beat 2 egg yolks with 1 tbsp water or milk, brush the top and bake for about 20 minutes until golden brown.