If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
large (12 ounces) sweet potato
medium 94 to 5 ounces each) Mexican chorizo
large (8 to 10 ounces) flour tortillas
chipotle in adobo with 1 tablespoon of the sauce
medium green pepper or large poblano, chopped (3/4 cup)
green onions, diced
4 to 6
ounces queso blanco or Monterey Jack cheese, finely chopped (1 to 1-1/2 cups)
1 to 2
sour cream, optional
- Rinse sweet potato and pierce several times with a fork.
- Preheat oven to 375°F and bake sweet potato 50 to 55 minutes or microwave 5 to 7 minutes on high power until tender.
- Set aside to cool, then peel and mash slightly. Or use 1 1/2 cups leftover sweet potatoes and ignore this step.
- Meanwhile, cook and crumble chorizo.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add tortillas, one at a time, and soften by heating a few seconds on each side; arrange on work surface.
- Mash the chipotle with a fork and spread over the tortillas.
- Divide the sweet potato onto the tortillas and spread to cover half of each tortilla.
- Divide the chorizo, pepper, green onions, and cheese onto the sweet potato.
- Fold over the tortilla to cover the ingredients.
- Return skillet to medium heat.
- Add half of the butter and 2 quesadillas.
- Brown on each side adding a little more butter if needed. Repeat with remaining quesadillas.
- Set aside for about a minute before cutting each into halves or thirds.
- You can serve this with sour cream but, it is so good by itself, you really do not need any extra condiments.