If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Tortilla de patatas or spanish omelet is a wonderful dish, one that can be eaten for breakfast, lunch or dinner. We usually have it for dinner with a generous dollop of greek yogurt and a bowl of seasonal salad. Even though it is made with potatoes and eggs, it is still light and full of lovely flavor. We love to add spinach, to make it even better, but you can leave that part out or add something more spicy, like chorizo or red peppers. Enjoy, bon appetite. —jernejkitchen
- 1200 grams potatoes
- 2 onions, large
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt, freshly ground black pepper
- 5 handfuls baby spinach
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 6 eggs, free range
- 1/2 teaspoon tabasco sauce
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons sour cream / crème fraîche
- Cook the potatoes. In a large pot filled with salted water cook the potatoes, leaving the skin on. Cook for about 40 minutes, or until just cooked. Peel the potatoes and chop them into small chunks. Peel the onions and thinly slice them.
- Fry the onions. Set a skillet over a medium high heat. Add the olive oil, onion slices, anchovy fillets, pinch of sea salt and pinch of black pepper. Fry for about 10 minutes, stir occasionally.
- Add the baby spinach, cooked potatoes and a pinch of ground nutmeg. Stir well and arrange all over the skillet. Fry for about 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine the eggs, one teaspoon of sea salt, two pinches of black pepper, pinch of cayenne pepper, pinch of smoked paprika and tabasco sauce. Add grated parmesan and sour cream, stir well. Pour this mixture over the tortilla, cover with a lid, lower the heat and bake for about 25 minutes. Toss the skillet occasionally.
- Serve. Serve tortilla the patatas with baby spinach, a generous dollop of greek yogurt or sour cream / crème fraîche
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Favorite Way to Eat Eggs for Dinner