- Serves 1 person
I love to go to the Asian market and buy every different kind of packaged Ramen that suits my fancy. They are cheap and delicious and easy to "fancy up". To me, an egg on top makes it an official meal.
You can add any veggies you like to your Ramen before adding your egg, but I've listed my faves for this recipe.
P.S. I sometimes even have this for breakfast! —Ann.T
Store bought Ramen, any variety
Button Mushrooms, sliced
Chopped Romaine lettuce
Chopped Cilantro or basil
Egg cooked over easy (or as desired)
Sriracha, chili oil, fish sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil
- Place dry Ramen noodles in large bowl, and add about half of the flavor packet (or according to taste).
- To the bowl also add the sliced mushrooms, sliced radishes and frozen peas.
- Add boiling water to cover the noodles, and cover bowl with a lid or plate for 3 minutes.
- While the noodles are being prepared, heat one teaspoon olive oil in a small pan on medium heat. When oil is shimmering, cook one egg over easy or to preferred done-ness. Remove egg to a plate and set aside.
- Remove lid from bowl, separate noodles and add the chopped lettuce to the bowl, pushing down to submerge in the broth.
- Add the fried egg on top of noodles and season with with a few shakes of sriracha, chili oil, fish sauce, soy sauce or sesame oil. Add sliced scallion and cilantro or basil to garnish.