If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffins that taste like mini chocolate cakes! This gluten free muffin snack is one everyone will love. —Megan Olson
- 3 small, very ripe bananas
- 1 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup unsalted peanut butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 1/2 cups Gluten Free rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and prepare a muffin tin by spraying it with cooking spray.
- Using a standing mixer or using a hand mixer, add the egg white and bananas and blend together until banana is mashed very well and incorporated into the egg. I usually let mine go 5-7 minutes.
- Then add almond extract, almond milk, sugar and peanut butter to the town and blend until combined.
- Next add oats, cocoa powder, baking power and salt to the bowl and mix to combine. Do not over mix.
- Finally fold in chocolate chips into the batter by hand.
- Transfer to your muffin tin filling the batter about 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake 15-18 minutes until a toothpick can be removed clean, these will be thick so check before removing from the oven.
- Remove from the oven, cool in the pan 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Sprinkle muffin tops with cinnamon and add 1 extra chip on top of each muffin if desired.
- Keep muffins in the refrigerator in a storage container up to 1 week or freeze up to a month.