- Makes 18 muffins
I made these today recently for my vegan teenage son. They are a vegan version of my Birthday Muffins https://food52.com/recipes... and they were great! Xantham gum and ground flax seed stand in for the eggs.
These would be great with pecans baked in - or on top! Now I need to figure out a yummy vegan spread to eat these with. —Sadassa_Ulna
Xantham gum powder
Ground flax seed mixed with 1/4 cup water
Orange or lemon zest
- In a small bowl or mug, whisk together ground flax seed and 3 Tablespoons water. Allow to sit a few minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line 18 muffin tins with paper baking cups.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the first 7 ingredients. In a separate bowl mix all wet ingredients; add lemon zest and flax seed mixture.
- Add wet mixture to dry mixture and stir by hand to until well mixed.
- Pour batter into the prepared muffin tins, filling each about 2/3 full.
- Bake 20-25 minutes.