If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I made these today recently for my vegan teenage son. They are a vegan version of my Birthday Muffins https://food52.com/recipes/6974-birthday-pumpkin-muffins and they were great! Xantham gum and ground flax seed stand in for the eggs.
These would be great with pecans baked in - or on top! Now I need to figure out a yummy vegan spread to eat these with. —Sadassa_Ulna
Makes 18 muffins
- 2 cups AP flour
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Xantham gum powder
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 tablespoons Ground flax seed mixed with 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup Vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon Orange or lemon zest
- 1 cup Almond milk
- In a small bowl or mug, whisk together ground flax seed and 3 Tablespoons water. Allow to sit a few minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line 18 muffin tins with paper baking cups.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the first 7 ingredients. In a separate bowl mix all wet ingredients; add lemon zest and flax seed mixture.
- Add wet mixture to dry mixture and stir by hand to until well mixed.
- Pour batter into the prepared muffin tins, filling each about 2/3 full.
- Bake 20-25 minutes.
More Great Recipes:
Bread, Rolls & Muffins