You can also keep this covered in the freezer for several weeks--great for a make-ahead dessert!
You can also keep this covered in the freezer for several weeks--great for a make-ahead dessert!—cnevertz
medium sweet potatoes (1 1/2 pounds)
cup granulated sugar
cup lemon juice
teaspoons lemon zest
fresh mint leaves, chopped
lemon slice, for garnish (optional)
mint leaves, for garnish (optional)
In This Recipe
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Wash sweet potatoes and pierce several times with a fork.
- Bake sweet potatoes for 55 minutes until tender.
- Remove from oven, let cool, and peel. Or use 2 cups leftover sweet potatoes and ignore this step.
- Place water and sugar in a medium pot. Stir well.
- Cook over medium-high heat until mixture comes to a full boil, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and let cool, at least 10 minutes.
- Place cooled sweet potatoes, sugar mixture, lemon juice, lemon zest, and 10 chopped mint leaves in blender; blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a 9-inch square baking pan; cover tightly and freeze until firm, about 2 to 3 hours.
- Remove from freezer and process again in a food processor until smooth. Return to freezer.
- When you are ready to serve, use a melon baller to make small scoops and place in shot glasses or almond cookie cups.
- Garnish with lemon slices and fresh mint leaves.