If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: You can also keep this covered in the freezer for several weeks--great for a make-ahead dessert! —cnevertz
- 3 medium sweet potatoes (1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 10 fresh mint leaves, chopped
- lemon slice, for garnish (optional)
- mint leaves, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Wash sweet potatoes and pierce several times with a fork.
- Bake sweet potatoes for 55 minutes until tender.
- Remove from oven, let cool, and peel. Or use 2 cups leftover sweet potatoes and ignore this step.
- Place water and sugar in a medium pot. Stir well.
- Cook over medium-high heat until mixture comes to a full boil, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and let cool, at least 10 minutes.
- Place cooled sweet potatoes, sugar mixture, lemon juice, lemon zest, and 10 chopped mint leaves in blender; blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a 9-inch square baking pan; cover tightly and freeze until firm, about 2 to 3 hours.
- Remove from freezer and process again in a food processor until smooth. Return to freezer.
- When you are ready to serve, use a melon baller to make small scoops and place in shot glasses or almond cookie cups.
- Garnish with lemon slices and fresh mint leaves.