A Pesto sauce to celebrate spring made from foraged, wild garlic-mustard, a common edible "weed."
A Pesto sauce to celebrate spring made from foraged, wild garlic-mustard, a common edible "weed."—Rasheed Vargo
cup garlic-mustard leaves
cup grated Parmesan Cheese
cup olive oil
tablespoons fresh-squeezed lemon juice
pinch fresh-cracked black pepper
In This Recipe
- Add Parmesan Cheese and walnuts to a food processor and pulse until finely ground.
- Massage spinach until it feels silky and slippery. Add to the food processor along with the garlic-mustard leaves and pulse until everything is finely chopped and completely incorporated.
- Drizzle olive-oil into food processor and pulse until combined.
- Add salt, pepper, and lemon juice and stir in with a spatula.
- Serve with whole-wheat pasta, such as rotini, and top with grated Parmesan Cheese and chopped walnuts.