If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Every two weeks during winter, my mom sends me at least a pound of kumquats from her tree in California to tide me over here in the Colorado snow. A warm spring weekend led me to a recipe for candied kumquat mojitos from the LA times. I found their concoction a bit sweet so I replaced the candied kumquat with thin-sliced fresh ones, and dialed up the lime juice. Very refreshing after a day spent un-wintering the garden...something my mom never has to deal with! —gabsimonelouise
Makes 1 cocktail
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 ounces rum
- 2 tablespoons simple syrup, divided
- 8 mint leaves
- 1/2 kumquat, thinly sliced
- crushed ice
- splash of club soda
- To make simple syrup, boil equal amounts water and sugar until sugar is dissolved. Cool.
- Mix lemon juice, lime juice, rum, and 1 tablespoon simple syrup in a cocktail shaker (or mason jar with lid). Mix well.
- Muddle mint leaves and remaining tablespoon simply syrup in a tall glass. Add thinly sliced kumquat and muddle to release its juices.
- Add crushed ice to the glass, then pour over the lemon-lime mixture and a splash of club soda.