If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 large onion,finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger and garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- 500 g chicken pieces
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 cup tomato purree (peel tomatoes and blend to a puree)
- 3-4 capsicum ,diced
- Heat oil in a pan. Add onion and saute until tender.
- Add ginger and garlic paste and fry for a few seconds.
- Add turmeric,red chilli and 2-3 tbsp of water,stirring constantly.
- Stir the paste until it becomes fragrant.This usually takes 1 to 2 minutes (be careful not to burn it).
- Add chicken and stir until they are coated.
- Add cumin,salt and tomato puree.Bring to a boil,then reduce the heat to medium.
- Cover and simmer until chicken is cooked.
- Remove the lid and let the sauce reduce till very thick.
- Add capsicum and stir well.Cook on a very low flame until capsicum is slightly tender.
- Serve hot with plain boiled rice/chappati/bread.