If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Adapted from recipe by Lauren Soutiere of "East Village Kitchen". —cnevertz
- 1 pound sweet potatoes
- 8 tablespoons (4 ounces) butter, melted
- 3/4 cake all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Coat 8-inch square baking pan with non-stick spray; line pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil, allowing it to extend above sides of pan; spray again; set aside.
- Pierce sweet potato skins; microwave on high until tender, about 3 to 5 minutes; cool.
- Into medium bowl, scoop sweet potato from skins.
- With electric beater, beat until smooth, gradually adding butter.
- Add flour, brown sugar, egg, vanilla, salt and baking powder; beat until smooth.
- In small bowl, beat together until smooth cream cheese, granulated sugar and egg yolk.
- Spread half the sweet potato mixture into prepared pan; top with half the cream cheese mixture in 8 mounds on top.
- Repeat with remaining sweet potato and cream cheese mixtures.
- Pull knife through batters to marbleize.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 40 to 45 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature; remove from pan by lifting edges of parchment or foil paper; cut into 16 squares.