Adapted from recipe by Lauren Soutiere of "East Village Kitchen". —cnevertz
- Serves 16
(4 ounces) butter, melted
packed light brown sugar
package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
large egg yolk
In This Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Coat 8-inch square baking pan with non-stick spray; line pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil, allowing it to extend above sides of pan; spray again; set aside.
- Pierce sweet potato skins; microwave on high until tender, about 3 to 5 minutes; cool.
- Into medium bowl, scoop sweet potato from skins.
- With electric beater, beat until smooth, gradually adding butter.
- Add flour, brown sugar, egg, vanilla, salt and baking powder; beat until smooth.
- In small bowl, beat together until smooth cream cheese, granulated sugar and egg yolk.
- Spread half the sweet potato mixture into prepared pan; top with half the cream cheese mixture in 8 mounds on top.
- Repeat with remaining sweet potato and cream cheese mixtures.
- Pull knife through batters to marbleize.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 40 to 45 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature; remove from pan by lifting edges of parchment or foil paper; cut into 16 squares.