- Serves 16
Adapted from recipe by Lauren Soutiere of "East Village Kitchen". —cnevertz
(4 ounces) butter, melted
packed light brown sugar
package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
large egg yolk
In This Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Coat 8-inch square baking pan with non-stick spray; line pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil, allowing it to extend above sides of pan; spray again; set aside.
- Pierce sweet potato skins; microwave on high until tender, about 3 to 5 minutes; cool.
- Into medium bowl, scoop sweet potato from skins.
- With electric beater, beat until smooth, gradually adding butter.
- Add flour, brown sugar, egg, vanilla, salt and baking powder; beat until smooth.
- In small bowl, beat together until smooth cream cheese, granulated sugar and egg yolk.
- Spread half the sweet potato mixture into prepared pan; top with half the cream cheese mixture in 8 mounds on top.
- Repeat with remaining sweet potato and cream cheese mixtures.
- Pull knife through batters to marbleize.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 40 to 45 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature; remove from pan by lifting edges of parchment or foil paper; cut into 16 squares.