Adapted from recipe by Mary Marlow Leverette of "Mary’s Laundry Blog." —cnevertz
- Serves 4 to 6
peeled sweet potatoes, cut into 3/4-inch cubes (about 2 3/4 cups)
3/4-inch French or Italian bread cubes
olive oil, divided
ground black pepper, divided
red wine vinegar
fresh baby spinach leaves
thinly sliced red onion
chopped fresh basil
chopped fresh cilantro
In This Recipe
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Cook sweet potatoes in salted, boiling water until just tender, 12 to 15 minutes; drain and cool.
- In large bowl, toss bread cubes with 3 tablespoons oil, 1/4 teaspoon each of the salt and pepper.
- Arrange on rimmed baking sheet; bake until crisp and golden, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Return bread cubes to large bowl and cool to room temperature.
- In small bowl, whisk together vinegar, sugar and remaining 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper; whisk in remaining 5 tablespoons oil.
- Pour over bread cubes; add spinach, onion, basil and cilantro; toss to combine.
- Gently stir in sweet potatoes; serve at room temperature or chilled.