Author Notes: Fluffy eggs, delicious caramelized ham with a confetti of color from the green and red peppers and onions is my husband's all-time favorite meal. It's quick, it's easy, it's delicious! —BerryBaby
Serves: 2 adults
dashes Tabasco sauce
teaspoon Lawry's seasoning salt
tablespoons Butter (salted) divided
cup yellow onion
cup Green pepper
Freshly ground black pepper
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk eggs, water, Tabasco and Lawry's seasoning salt and black pepper (to taste, I do 8 turns of the pepper mill). Set aside.
- Chopped green peppers and onion into uniform pieces, about 1/2 inch size.
- Cube ham in 1/2 inch pieces.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter in a 12 inch fry pan on medium heat.
- When melted, add the peppers and onions and sautee until slightly cook and still have a firm consistency. Remove them from pan.
- Add additional butter to the pan, melt and add the ham. Cook until brown and caramelized.
- When caramelized, return the vegetable to the pan and immediately add the eggs.
- When eggs have slightly setup, start to gently fold over and fold over until cooked, this takes less than a minute.
- Divide evenly into two portions and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Favorite Way to Eat Eggs for Dinner
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Pan Dinner
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Hands-Off Recipe