If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Egg butter (Finnish Munavoi) is just that...butter and hard boiled eggs mashed together and spread on toast, crackers or even bagels. I added some anchovy and mustard to serve on rye toast for an easy dinner or lunch. —inpatskitchen
Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 6 tablespoons very soft butter
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 5 anchovy filets
- 6 extra large eggs
- Mince the anchovies and mash a bit. Add them, along with the mustard to the softened butter and combine thoroughly. Set aside.
- Hard boil the eggs in your favorite manner. Let cool to room temperature and then peel and dice. Mix them into the softened butter mixture and enjoy open face on toast , crackers or bagels.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Favorite Way to Eat Eggs for Dinner