If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Easy Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas with sour cream sauce, jalapeños, onions, garlic, cumin, Monterey Jack, & cheddar. Your new favorite enchilada recipe! —Holly
For The Enchiladas:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pickled jalapeno pepper slices, chopped
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 1/2 cups grilled thinly sliced chicken
- 8 flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded yellow cheddar cheese
For The Garnish:
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- Tomatoes, finely chopped
- Green onions, thinly sliced
- pickled or fresh jalapenos, finely chopped (optional)
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion & garlic and cook for 4-5 minutes until the onion is tender, then add coriander, salt, & pepper.
- In a separate bowl, stir the flour into the sour cream and then add to the onion mixture in the pan. Add in the pickled jalapenos, then cook another 3 minutes over medium heat.
- Stir in the broth and cook on high, whisking periodically until thickened and bubbly, about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add 1 cup of Monterey Jack cheese.
- Stir 1 cup of sauce into the chicken.
- Place about ⅓ of the filling onto each tortilla, roll up and arrange seam side down in a lightly greased 13 x 9 baking dish.
- Once all enchiladas are in the dish, top them with the remaining sauce.
- Bake covered, in a 350 degree oven for about 35 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese, and if desired the chopped tomatoes and sliced green onions. Bake for 5 more minutes uncovered.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.