If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Frittata! My Father did the grocery shopping in our Family on Saturdays so once a month when we went to the Italian Meat Market and the Italian Bakery we would have a Frittata he made with whatever he bought at the Market. This particular one is my favorite. The Frittata looks elegant and can be served to just Family or if unexpected guests should happen to appear (as they often did on the weekends). So, if you're looking for little effort with elegance try a Frittata for Dinner. —Rose
Serves 6 to 8
- 10 large eggs
- Salt and Fresh Ground Pepper to taste
- 12 ounces shredded Fontina Cheese
- 4 or 5 links of Hot or Mild Italian Sausage, cooked separately and sliced
- Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 4 or 5 Mint leaves, julienne sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 banana pepper, diced
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 or 5 New or Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into small chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 In a separate pan fry sausages whole in a little oil until browned. Cool and slice sausages. 2 In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and add a little water. Set aside. 3 In a very large frying pan on medium heat, add olive oil and butter and sauté the onions, bell pepper and banana pepper until tender, about 4 minutes. 4 Stir in the garlic and mushrooms and cook for another 2 minutes. Add the cooked sausage slices to the pan along with mint and Italian seasoning. When everything is par cooked add the eggs. 5 Add the Fontina cheese and continue to cook until the edges are just starting to set, gently pulling the edges away from the side of the pan like making a French Omelette. 6 Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 375°F Place the Frittata in the oven until it puffs slightly and is gently firm to the touch, about 6 to 10 minutes. 7 Gently shake the pan to loosen the Frittata and carefully slide it onto a serving plate, cut into wedges. 8 Serve with a light lettuce and tomato salad dressed with olive oil, cider vinegar and salt and pepper.