Author Notes: Looking for a milkshake that is on the healthy side and less sweet, I came up with this recipe today. I actually had it for breakfast, but I think it would be especially refreshing in the afternoon. It is simple and very easy. —Sagegreen
- 1 cup chilled buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened premium Dutch cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon rose water
- 1 tablespoon acacia honey (this can be a heaping tablespoon)
- 12 sweet red cherries, pitted
- sprinkle of freshly ground nutmeg
- very light dusting of cocoa powder
- sprig of mint
- Pour the buttermilk into a blender.
- Pit the cherries over the blender, catching any excess juice.
- Add all the remaining ingredients to the blender (excepting the garnishes) and process.
- Pour and garnish.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Cherries