Author Notes: My first job ever was at a restaurant that trout was a speciality, this is the recipe. The company was farming trout but you can find wild trout in the rivers of Ogulin.
Makes: 2 trout
whole trout (8-10 oz each)
cloves of garlic
handful of parsley
- Clean and wash trout, season with salt inside and out.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Coat the trout with flour and shake off the excess.
- Cook 7-8 minutes on each side.
- When the trout is done and have nice crispy skin put them on a heated platter.
- Save oil in which trout was fried.
- Chop finely parsley and garlic, sprinkle over the trout and pour hot oil (2-3 tbsp) you have saved over.
- Slice lemon and serve with trout.
- And just remainder; fish swims three times, the first time in the water, the second time in oil and the third time in wine.