Author Notes: My mom used to make this recipe for us when we were little, on cold rainy nights, when we were whinny and she was tired. Simple, delicious and heart warming. I renamed it "Ryan's favourite eggs" after making it for my friend Ryan during a ski trip in Vermont, the day after he fell and dislocated his shoulder, because good food does make everything better. —Alisa Krishtal
pieces Soft white bread
handfuls good quality freshly grated cheese
pinches salt and pepper
Your favourite hot sauce to serve
olive oil for frying
handfuls Finely chopped parsley
- Preheat a skillet at medium-high heat with a generous amount of olive oil.
- Add the slices of white bread (or halves of english muffin if no white bread is available) and fry on one side for a couple of minutes until they turn deliciously brown.
- When ready, flip the bread, break the eggs into the empty spaces between the bread slices, sprinkle with salt, eggs and the grated cheese, cover with a lid and turn the heat to medium low.
- Fry until the egg white harden and the cheese melts. It's important to time it correctly so the eggs are runny in the middle.
- Sprinkle with finely chopped parsley and serve with your favourite hot sauce.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Favorite Way to Eat Eggs for Dinner