If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Make taco night easy night with these Crockpot Chicken Taco Bowls! Made naturally gluten free with homemade low sodium taco seasoning and layered with fresh vegetables, this low calorie dinner is one everyone will love especially the cook! —Megan Olson
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 15 oz cans reduced sodium black beans, rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into long slices
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into long slices
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- Place chicken breasts on the bottom of the crockpot in an even layer. Add bell pepper, salt, pepper, seasonings then cover chicken with chicken broth making sure the chicken is just covered in the liquid. Set crockpot to low and cook 6 hours.
- With a wooden spoon, break up chicken breasts in the crockpot to shred it.
- Add black beans to the crockpot cook on low another 30 minutes.
- Assemble bowls, add optional toppings and devour!