If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Neva (my late Mom Mom)’s carrot cake recipe is flawless. It's got the most perfect texture combination between the moist, rich cake and the crunchy, pecany (is that a word?) frosting. People literally lined up for one of these beauties. It even won a blue ribbon at the North Carolina State Fair. Note: This cake can be frozen. Simply wrap in foil. —Mary Catherine Tee
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup oil (Crisco)
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups self rising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 3.5 cups powdered sugar
- 1 stick of butter, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- Add sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla to a bowl. Beat well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and cinnamon. Add slowly to the sugar/oil mixture, stirring to incorporate.
- Fold in the carrots. Divide among 3 prepared (I used parchment paper) round baking pans or a rectangular cake pan.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Once cake passes the toothpick test, remove from oven and cool on wire racks.
- For the filling, using an electric mixer, mix powdered sugar, butter, vanilla, pecans, and cream cheese on medium-high speed. Refrain from eating all of it with a spoon. Spread between layers and on the side and top of cake once the cake has cooled completely.