If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This warm winter cocktail combines the complimentary flavors of apple, bourbon and cinnamon to create a crisp and refreshing drink. The draft cider is lighter than apple juice and brings a nice freshness without making the drink too sweet.
You can find this drink served at Elixir. It is a neighborhood saloon located in the Mission Dolores section of San Francisco where it has served its neighbors since 1858. It has been listed as one of the “Best Bars in America” by numerous publications and has won multiple awards for its drinks, bartenders and various event nights such as The Elixir Quiz.
The cocktail is a creation of H. Joseph Ehrmann, who runs operations at Elixir. His cocktail menu consists of classics of the Barbary Coast era, “greatest hits” from the last 12 years of innovative cocktail menus and originals by current bartenders. Beyond Elixir, Ehrmann runs Elixir To Go (cocktail classes and bar services) and Cocktail Ambassadors (a drinks industry consultancy). —SaloonBox
- 1.5 ounces Larceny Bourbon
- 2.0 ounces Wandering Aengus Cider
- 0.75 ounces Agave Nectar
- 3 pieces Apple Slices
- 1 pinch Cinnamon
- In a shaker, muddle 2 apple slices.
- Add the remaining ingredients and fill with ice.
- Shake for 10 seconds and strain into Old Fashioned glasses filled with fresh ice.
- Garnish with an additional apple slice and sprinkle some cinnamon on top for extra spice.
More Great Recipes: