If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Blueberry, coconut & banana wholemeal muffins - perfect for breakfast on the go and only 175 calories each —dinnerwreck
grams very ripe bananas (weighed without peel)
grams dessicated coconut
grams blueberries (I used thawed, frozen)
grams wholemeal self-raising flour
grams light brown sugar
grams low-fat spread
teaspoon vanilla extract
- Prep time: 10 minutes. Cooking time: 25-30 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 180°c (350°f.)
- Set out 12-14 paper muffin cases on a tray, or lightly butter a muffin tray. I used a silicone muffin tray – it’s a godsend.
- Get your hands on your bananas. I mean this literally. Don’t be afraid to squish the bananas a bit in between your hands as you put them into the mixing bowl. Grab a fork and mash the banana further until it’s well mashed but don’t be too crazy about it – small lumps are fine.
- Add the two eggs, stirring them into the mixture followed by the low-fat spread and vanilla extract.
- Add the flour and coconut and stir well until the flour is incorporated.
- Finally, gently fold the blueberries into the mixture.
- Now the fun part – spoon the mixture into the muffin tins (I used about 2 tbsp per muffin.)
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden. Check the mixture is cooked through using a toothpick/knife, making sure it comes out clean.
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes before removing from the tray. Allow them to cool on a wire rack before you eat your weight in muffins.