Author Notes: Adopted from
Hab el hal,or cardamom cookies are the perfect cookie to eat with coffee,tea or milk.The cardamom really makes a unique flavor for a cookie. Children will love these cookies that come from Palestine.
Note:The dough was very soft to roll,so I added 2 tbsp extra flour in the dough. —Ambreen
Makes: 40-42 cookies
1/2 cup softened butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 3/4 cups flour
1 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- Preheat oven to 350 F/180 C.
- Cream together egg, sugar, and butter in a medium mixing bowl.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cardamom. Slowly add to egg/butter mixture and mix well.
- Roll out dough on lightly floured surface. You want the dough to be about 1/8 inch thick. Use cookie cutters to make shapes.
- Place on greased cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes.