If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Adapted from M.F.K. Fisher's milk toast recipe. —Sarah E Daniels
thick slices of firm, hearty bread (like white or sourdough)
cups creamy whole milk
Butter, for toast
Cinnamon and sugar or brown sugar, to taste
- Warm two bowls.
- Toast the bread well and butter slices generously.
- Cut the toast into cubes and divide evenly between the two bowls.
- Meanwhile, warm the milk until simmering and season with cinnamon and sugar as desired.
- Pour the warm milk over the toast and serve immediately.
- Eat like cereal.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!