Author Notes: Adapted from M.F.K. Fisher's milk toast recipe. —Sarah E Daniels
thick slices of firm, hearty bread (like white or sourdough)
cups creamy whole milk
Butter, for toast
Cinnamon and sugar or brown sugar, to taste
In This Recipe
- Warm two bowls.
- Toast the bread well and butter slices generously.
- Cut the toast into cubes and divide evenly between the two bowls.
- Meanwhile, warm the milk until simmering and season with cinnamon and sugar as desired.
- Pour the warm milk over the toast and serve immediately.
- Eat like cereal.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!