If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Today I want to share with you one of my favourite recipes from the South of Italy. Sicily is the only Italian region where pistachio are produced, and more precisely you can find them in a little province named Bronte. I am a big pistachio lover and I like to include them in many different recipes. Pistachio are a really good source of fiber, protein, copper and manganese. They can also really improve your skin condition, especially if you suffer from dry and sensitive skin, like me. —Mariacristina Alpago
Makes 1 jar
- 200 grams pistachio
- 6 basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 lemon zest
- 100 milliliters filtered water
- splashes salt and pepper
- Start by blending the pistachio first, then add slowly the water and the lemon zest.
- Blend for a few minutes, next add the extra virgin olive oil, basil leaves and salt and pepper.
- Place the pistachio in a jar and it will last 4-5 days in the fridge or up to a month in the freezer.
- I like to use this pesto with whole wheat or kamut wheat pasta, use roughly 4 TBSP of pistachio pesto for 200 gr of pasta.