If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Buttery shortbread crust with walnuts, slightly sweet creamy mascarpone, fresh blueberries w/a touch of sugar & a squeeze of lemon. Delicious! Note prep time = 30 min; baking time for crust = 20 min; cooling time for crust = 60 min —Holly
For The Crust:
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 rounded teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup ground walnuts
- 1/2 cup plus 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Stir together flour, salt and ground walnuts.
- With a mixer, beat butter, sugar, and vanilla until pale and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Slowly add walnut mixture, and beat until just combined.
- Press the dough into the tart pan with your fingers until it is evenly distributed on the bottom and sides of pan. Chill for 15 minutes in the freezer. Prick with a fork all over.
- Place the pan in preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven, and cool completely.
For The Tart:
- 12 ounces mascarpone
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 cups fresh blueberries, rinsed & dried
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch dissolved in two tablespoons warmish water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- pinch of salt
- zest from 1/2 a lemon (optional)
- Mix together sugar and mascarpone. Layer the mascarpone mixture onto the cooled crust.
- Stir the sugar, 2 tablespoons water, lemon juice, and 2 tablespoons of the cornstarch/water mixture into a saucepan over medium heat. Simmer for 1-2 minutes until thickened and sugar has dissolved.
- Add 2 cups of blueberries, then bring to a boil and simmer until juicy and thick - about 4 minutes (if they get too thick then add a little water to thin them out).
- Take the pan off the heat and add the remaining 2 cups of berries. Gently fold them in, coating completely.
- Spread the berry topping over the cream base and let set for 5-10 minutes. Top with lemon zest and serve.